There is nothing cozier than a warm fireplace on a cold evening. Unfortunately, traditional fireplaces are not always available for every space. Thankfully, there are electronic versions that look and feel just like the real thing. Having one of these installed offers many benefits without some of the risks of a traditional fireplace.
What Is an Electric Fireplace?
An electric fireplace is simply an electric heater that mimics the look and feel of a traditional flame fireplace. Illusion Fires look just like their natural counterparts without all the work and maintenance that is involved in keeping a fire going. Understanding the benefits of having an electric fire in your home will help you to make the right purchase.
Benefits of Having an Electric Fireplace Installed
The benefits of these electric fireplaces far outweigh any minor drawbacks. The following are some of the biggest benefits and reasons you should consider making a purchase.
- The biggest benefit of an electric fireplace is having the look of a fire without the dangers. These units are very safe.
- An electric fireplace is safe to have around children and even those with compromised lungs. There is no smoke or soot that is emitted, so no breathing issues develop.
- There is no mess with an electric fireplace. There are no ashes to sweep up and no chimney to clean. The unit is simply plugged in and ready to go in a matter of
- The lights create an amazingly authentic fire experience. Most people will not be able to tell the fire is not real because it looks as if flames are licking the logs.
- This type of fireplace can be installed anywhere and does not require a chimney. There are no regulations that prevent its installment, and it can even be placed in an apartment and moved when you move.
- An electric fireplace can heat up a room quickly, so you can save money on heating costs.
- When you have an electric fireplace, you do not have to worry about fires developing that could destroy your home or cause serious injuries and death.
- With an electric fireplace, you do not need a steady supply of wood. There is no chopping or buying wood at all.
How to Choose an Electric Fireplace
Purchasing an electric fireplace does not have to be stressful if you know what to look for. There are many models to choose from, so it is important to know your needs before starting the process.
- It is a wise idea to know the square footage of your room before making a purchase. Knowing the size of your room will help to ensure you purchase a unit that will be able to adequately heat the space.
- Decide whether you want a forced fan fireplace or an infrared quartz fireplace. Forced fan units are ideal for spaces that are 400 square feet or less. Infrared quartz can adequately heat rooms up to 1,000 square feet.
- You will need to choose the style of fireplace you want for complimenting your space. There are modern, traditional, and transitional styles available to compliment most any home style.
An electric fireplace can bring added warmth and comfort to any space without the risks. These units add a beautiful ambiance to your home and are safe around pets and children.