Update: since I’ve been asked so many times, I have included the instructions from the box in the below post! Read on!
On Saturday, during a trip to Sam’s Club, the hubster happily dropped a big box into the cart. “Red Lobster biscuits. You can make these for me” he grinned happily. I just laughed “alright, sure hun. I’ll get right on it”. I am not a seafood person, but when we do go to Red Lobster, I love the biscuits. They are just amazing. That’s why I had my doubts as to how some silly box of mix could turn into yummy right from the actual restaurant goodness. I put off making them a few days. Hubster would come from work hoping that I had made the biscuits to no avail.
Today, I finally decided to make the darn things so I’d stop getting the sad puppy face when he got home. I didn’t even take pictures of the mixing process because honestly, I wasn’t expecting much. I Didn’t have much confidence in my ability to make these little heaven biscuits from home. It just wasn’t likely. Definitely not blog worthy, I thought. The directions were simple enough. Preheat the oven, combine the mix with some shredded sharp cheddar cheese and water. I barely even mixed the dough together, as it “plopped” together fast. Yes, “plopped” is the technical term.
I covered two cookie sheets in parchment paper and used a 1/4th cup measuring cup to “plop” out 11 dough piles onto my sheets and baked them for about 14 minutes. Again, I wasn’t too optimistic in the outcome. Maybe they would look like the original biscuits, but they wouldn’t taste the same. How could they? Once out of the oven, the instructions said to combine melted butter with a little packet of garlic butter mix to make a concoction to brush onto the tops of the warm biscuits. Hubby helped with this part, as he could hardly wait to try these.
I couldn’t blame him because they looked amazing.
(Since you asked for it, here are the directions from the back of the box!)
You will need for the biscuits:
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pouch mix (included in the box)
- For the herb butter sauce you will need:
- 1 pouch of garlic herb blend (included in box)
- preheat oven to 425 , line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Stir together water, cheese and biscuit mix until dough forms. Do not overmix
- Scoop dough immediately into 8-10 portions (about 1/4 cup each) and place two inches apart onto prepared baking sheet
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl, add garlic herb blend and stir well until blended
- Spoon or brush 1 teaspoon garlic herb butter sauce onto each hot biscuit and serve immediately.
Needless to say, hubster immediately tried one and the only word he could manage was “Mmmmmmmmmmmmm”. I grabbed one as well and wow.. was I wrong about this mix. It was INCREDIBLE! The biscuits were not only easy to make, but they come out soft and oh so delicious. The topping garlic sauce gave it a nice little kick. It honestly tastes just like being at Red Lobster and eating there! The best part? The box includes 3 separate pouches of mix and garlic butter. Just this one box will make about 30 delicious biscuits.
I am sorry for doubting you, Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix. You were fan-freaking-tastic.
Have you tried this? Did you love it as much as I did?